Monday, May 22, 2017

Oh How I Have Grown

I don't have many readers of this blog. After so much time I doubt anyone would even stumble upon this. But I'm glad that it is here. I get to look back at these posts and see just how far I have come.

I remember that person who wrote all of those sad and depressing posts ( no wonder I barely had readers lol). It's cool because I know that if I was in your shoes I wouldn't want to read all of that negativity either!

But to know that I got to a place I didn't think that I would be able to is amazing! I am not depressed any more, I'm not sad, I'm not angry. I'm just me! And I am happy with me. I am so proud and amazed at the woman I am developing into.

I have an awesome relationship with a person that makes me love in ways that I didn't think possible. I have those few close and great friends. None of them are really new but still strong! The girl I called my sister from Spelman, the one that wrote me the letter, I haven't spoken to her in over a year...she doesn't pick up my calls or respond to my texts lol fuck it. I probable drove her away with all my baggage from way back when. But she seems happy on social media so good for her. She was a person that I needed at the time and that is all. And I'm pretty much ok with that.

My family has gotten "better". I have 3 sisters that I love and adore and I would protect no matter what. They help keep me on my toes for sure. Same goes for the little girl that I have been mentoring for 3 years now. She is basically another one of my sisters. But I see her more often and watching her grow and change and become her own little person is so surreal.

I'm going back to my original college to finish my degree and I'm super excited!!!

Things are looking up and I can't wait to write more about this great life that I'm still discovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment